The Sacrament of Matrimony is a Sacrament of Service. Through the celebration of Sacrament of Matrimony, the couple enters into a covenant of love and mutual respect. They act as the ministers of Christ’s grace mutually conferring upon each other the Sacrament by expressing their consent before the Church. By its very nature, the marriage covenant is ordered to the good of the couple, as well as to the generation and education of children. Christ dwells within the marriage to strengthen their covenant promises and to bear each other’s burdens with forgiveness and kindness. Here is all the information you will need if you wish to celebrate the Sacrament of Matrimony at Christ the Redeemer.
- Wedding Timeline – PDF (116KB)
- Request Wedding Date – Fill out & submit on-line form
- Wedding with Pictures – PDF (438 KB)
- Rite of Matrimony – PDF (41 KB)
- Marriage Readings – HTML File (36 KB)
- Wedding Prayers: Blessings – PDF (77 KB)
- Interactive Wedding Rehearsal Planner – (130 KB)
- Wedding Vows – PDF (260 KB)
- CTR Chair Layout – Ordinary Time – HTML File (130 KB)
- Floral Arrangements – Available Stands & Urns – HTML File (269 KB)
- Wedding Ceremony Highlights Video – (Password Required)
Each year our parish celebrates this Sacrament with all married couples through the renewal of vows at a week end Eucharist in the fall and spring. For specifics check the parish calendar. If you celebrated your marriage in a civil ceremony and wish now to bless your love within the Catholic community, please contact Father Joe. The official name for this blessing is a convalidation. For a better understanding of this process, CLICK HERE.
If you were previously married, but that marriage ended in divorce, we welcome you to our community, and would be anxious to speak with you about a healing process called “annulment.” For more information on this, CLICK HERE