Serve as a Commission Member Our Education Commission provides all parish members with the opportunity to undertake our common mission of sharing faith. This commission takes the lead in advancing the teaching mission of the Church by cooperatively developing, evaluating and promoting programs. These programs address the total lifelong formative needs of our faith community with special emphasis on Family Life, Adult Spirituality and Youth Formation.
David Zande-Vice Chair & Council Rep.
- Confirmation Retreats–
- Teenage Retreat Leaders– Confirmed teens are invited to be present and possibly prepare and give a talk at our two annual Teen Retreats at Subiaco Benedictine Retreat House in Oxford, typically held in Nov., Dec., and/or January.
- Chaperones for Teen Retreats– Adults who want to share their gift of faith and time during our two Annual Teen Retreats at Subiaco Benedictine Retreat House in Oxford. Retreats are typically held in November, Dec and/or January.
- Weekend Children’s Liturgy of the Word- Children from grades 1-3 are dismissed from Mass during the Liturgy of the Word. The minister proclaims the reading in age-appropriate language and reflects upon its meaning with the children. Scheduled once a month from September through May.
- Joyful Community- Help with marketing, hospitality, and planning the monthly, 20-minute, “no shush” prayer service for families in our community with special needs.
- Office Support- Assist in general office duties including copying, mailings, classroom and project support. As needed.
- Parish Library- Keep the materials organized in the Christ the Redeemer library. As needed.
- MOMS- Ministry of Moms Sharing- A program designed to offer fellowship, book discussion, life lessons and faith building to MOMS. Meets on Wednesday or Thursday mornings.
- Join our High School Youth Ministry- This ministry is designed for all young people in grades 9-12. We invite students to participate in any of a variety of activities and experiences that fit their interests, schedules and passion. Through service, social, educational and outreach experiences, it is our goal to grow in the understanding of what it means to be Catholic and how to navigate our world with our faith. Our calendar of events is posted on our website and we would be pleased to have you join us.
- RCIA Sponsor- Walk the journey with adults preparing for sacraments. As needed.
- Music for Confirmation Retreats- Provide music for retreats at Subiaco Benedictine Retreat House in Oxford. Retreats are typically held in November, Dec. and/or January.
- Graphic Art- Share your graphic art talent to create materials for the Atrium and other places needed.
- Woodworking- Share your woodworking talent to create materials for the Atrium and other places needed.
- Painting Atrium Materials- assist with artistically painting materials for the Atrium.
- Adult Spirituality-Help plan, lead & market spiritual growth opportunities for the adults of our parish. Team meets monthly
- Pre-K Catechist – An age-appropriate faith formation program during Sunday Liturgies for Pre K/Kindergarten age children. Weekly October-May
- Elementary Summer Program Catechist -This faith formation program is offered in the summer for children entering grades 1 through 5 in the fall of the same year. Training and lessons provided.
- Elementary School Year Catechist-This program supports the spiritual development of children in grades 1 through 5. Meets on Sunday afternoon about twice a month. Training and lessons provided.
- Sunday or Monday Atrium Catechist – Help lead or assist with lessons and activities of our children grades 1-5 in our CGS (Catechesis of the Good Shepherd) inspired atria.
- Grades 6-8 Catechist, Middle School Program– Provides youth in grades 6-8 with sessions that follow a youth ministry model combining scripture, Catholic traditions and outreach projects. Sessions meet every other week. Late September- Holy Week. Training and lessons provided.
- Substitute Catechist– Substitute for a faith formation program when the regular catechist is unavailable. Lesson plans provided.
- Atrium Assistant: Assist Atrium Catechist in guiding children with activities in Atrium.
- Youth Aide for Faith Formation/Atrium– Youth grades 6-12 assist our catechists during the Summer Program or the School year program.