Serve as a Commission Member
Christ the Redeemer’s Worship Commission serves by nurturing our Community’s growth as the Body of Christ by inviting us to fully participate in the spiritual life and prayer of the parish. The Commission further serves by supporting the work of our Pastor and Music Minister, and acts as an advisory group to them. They work together to enhance our liturgical and ecumenical experiences.
The Commission supports the work of all our Liturgical Ministries as they help create a welcoming environment and engaging liturgies. The group takes a leadership role in liturgical development through education, planning and evaluation. Key initiatives include promoting our common work of gathering for prayer, sacraments and sharing the Word of God. The Worship Commission is responsible for coordinating the liturgical seasons along with its supporting ministries. A primary focus for the commission is the worship space and the recruitment and training of new liturgical ministers, such as Eucharist Ministers, Lectors and Ushers.
It takes many people to prepare, welcome, and serve, in the ministries at Mass. Each of us contribute a variety of gifts and talents. You are needed to make the Body of Christ complete. Without you, the place where we gather is only a building – a house for the Church. WITH you, our House becomes the living, Body of Christ, sent out to spread the Good News through lives of service.
Watch the Worship Commission Video – CLICK HERE
Matthew Kilburn-Council Rep.
- Sponsor an enrichment day for all Liturgical Ministries to cultivate discipleship through ministering
- Encourage each liturgical ministry to develop and implement a formation and enrichment program to be scheduled on an annual basis
- Explore ways to include and invite our youth and young adults to participate more fully in the church and mass.
- Support the development of small group prayer to foster the spiritual enrichment of parish members.
Worship Ministry Volunteer Opportunities
- Eucharist Minister- Serve Eucharist at Mass. Sign up to participate in the vestibule before Mass begins. Training Required. Must be Confirmed.
- Lector- Proclaim the Word at Sunday Masses including Saturday Vigil Mass. 4-7 times yearly. Training required, must be Confirmed. Scheduled.
- Usher- Extend hospitality, assist with seating and the offertory collection, distribute bulletins after Mass. Training provided. Monthly. Scheduled.
- Monitor Ministry- Middle School age & older. Operate an iPad to change slides during Weekly, scheduled. Training provided.
- Mass Coordinator- This vital, behind the scenes ministry, ensures that all is ready as we gather around the table to celebrate Eucharist. Mentors will train. Scheduled.
- Bread Bakers- Bake and deliver communion bread to the church for weekend liturgies. Twice yearly, scheduled by Coordinator.
- Baptism Preparation Team- Meet and prepare new parents for the sacrament of baptisms. Approx. 8 baptisms per year. Scheduled.
- Wedding Rehearsal Coordinator- Facilitate the wedding rehearsal and provide support on wedding day. Scheduled.
- Altar Server- Teens and youth (4th grade or older) assist the presider during Mass. Monthly, scheduled. Training required.
- Weekend Children’s Liturgy of the Word- Children from grades 1-3 are dismissed from Mass during the Liturgy of the Word. The minister proclaims the reading in age-appropriate language and reflects upon its meaning with the children. Scheduled once a month from September through May.
- Joyful Community- Help with marketing, hospitality, and planning the monthly, 20-minute, “no shush” prayer service for families in our community with special needs.
Music Ministries: The Music Ministry plays a key role in worship at Christ the Redeemer, and is comprised of the Parish Music Ministers, the Adult Choir and Adult Instrumental Ensemble, Contemporary Worship Group; Youth Vocal and Instrumental Ensemble. Also included for special events is the Kid’s Chorus ( ex, Wondrous Night concert).
- Adult Choir & Instrumental- 9:00 am Sunday Mass. Wednesday evening 6:50p.m. rehearsal. During the school year. Additional rehearsals for Christmas, Easter and special celebrations. Auditions: for placement.
- Contemporary Worship Group- (College aged and Younger Adults), 11am Sunday Mass– on scheduled Sundays of the month and Special celebrations. Rehearsals: 7:30-9:15 pm on scheduled Thursdays of the month. Auditions: for placement & participation.
- Youth Vocal and Instrumental Ensemble– 11 am Mass, as scheduled. Thursday rehearsals as scheduled. School year. Youth Ensemble members assist in teaching Faith Formation “Music & Motion Classes” during summer programs & school year.
- Faith Formation “Music & Motion” Teaching Team (Middle School & High School Youth, & Adults) – Assist the Director of Music in teaching the musiccurriculum for the summer and/or School Year Faith Formation sessions. No experience Necessary. Service Hours Available for students.
- Seasonal Children’s Christmas Chorus: Kid’s Chorus (3-10 yrs. Old)- Children will learn and rehearse music via YouTube link that Director of Music will provide. Participate in “Wondrous Night”, parish Christmas Concert.
- Seasonal Adult Festival Choir ( Christmas): Scheduled Rehearsals announced via parish paper, etc.
- Organize Hymnals- All ages needed to organize & replenish hymn books in book racks after weekend liturgies. Needed after each Mass, each week.
- Pre-Marriage Sponsor Couple- Parish couples minister to engaged couples preparing them for a Christian marriage. 6 meetings yearly.
- Church Decorating- Change church decorations according to the liturgical seasons. 10 times yearly.
- Sewing/Fabric Art- Sew new or repair fabric decorations. As needed.
- Photographer, Videographer & Video Editors( Media Ministry)- Editors can help preserve special events: baptisms, Passion Drama, Wondrous Night, Easter Vigil, etc. Collaborate in creating video training films.
- Launder Altar Server Robes-Wash and iron altar server robes. Monthly as Needed.
- Launder Altar Linens- Launder purification linens and return to church. Weekly, volunteers are scheduled monthly.